iRobot Braava Jet Troubleshooting | Solve the Common Problems
If you’re the owner of an iRobot Braava Jet, you may have encountered some issues with your device. Whether it’s getting your Braava Jet to connect to your home Wi-Fi network or simply getting it to start cleaning, so I am here to help you.
iRobot Braave jet is an excellent robot cleaning system. It is loaded with smart features and sensors. Since this is a sensitive electric gadget, sometimes it doesn’t run smoothly.
In this article, I’ll provide some tips and tricks for iRobot Braava jet troubleshooting. I will cover everything from common connectivity issues to tips for getting your Braava Jet to start cleaning.
- 1 iRobot Braava Jet Troubleshooting | 6 Common Problems With Solutions
- 1.1 Problem 1: iRobot Braava Jet does not turn on
- 1.2 Problem 2: iRobot Braava Jet doesn’t move straight
- 1.3 Problem 3: iRobot Braava Jet repeating Error Messages
- 1.4 Problem 4: iRobot Braava Jet is leaking
- 1.5 Problem 5: iRobot Braava Jet sprays dirty water
- 1.6 Problem 6: iRobot Braava Jet does not spray water
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
iRobot Braava Jet Troubleshooting | 6 Common Problems With Solutions
iRobot Braava jet is a premium robot mopping system that makes the mopping task a cup of tea for you. But sometimes the device doesn’t function properly. The various types of sensors may cause problems. Sometimes minor maintenance can make it workable.
With some maintenance and patience, you’ll have your Braava Jet working like new in no time.
Problem 1: iRobot Braava Jet does not turn on
You may not be able to turn on your iRobot Brave for a variety of reasons. Check the following things to see if you can identify the problem:
When the device doesn’t turn on, it can be a power source-related problem. iRobot doesn’t turn on if the battery is dead or faulty. Moreover, the faulty charger adapter also may cause issues. In this case, try these solutions:
- Charge up the battery: You need to charge the battery fully. Plug it into the adapter, and it will take about two hours to get fully charged. When the orange light blinks green, it will be ready to go. Set the battery into the slot and start cleaning.
- Replace the faulty battery: If the battery didn’t get charged after keeping them plugged, that means the battery is faulty. The only solution is to replace the battery.
- Replace the adapter: The battery doesn’t get charged for the faulty adapter. If the wall adapter doesn’t turn on after plugging it into the electric outlet, then the problem is with the adapter. You can order its replacement.
Problem 2: iRobot Braava Jet doesn’t move straight
iRobot Braava jet does not move in a straight line when trying to reach a specific destination. Instead, it will randomly choose a path that may or may not be the most efficient route.
However, this is not a flaw in the design of the product. The company designed the Braava to move in this way to ensure that it would not get stuck in tight spaces.
However, if the device turns on, but doesn’t move forward, then the lack of proper functions can cause the problem.
- Clean the debris from the wheel: Debris like hair, plastic, etc. can tuck around the wheels, and it can create restrictions to moving forward. So you need to clean the debris. Flip the device upside down. If you see any debris, gently pull it from the wheel.
- Place the mop pad accurately: If the mop pad doesn’t place correctly on the attachment card and it restricts the movement of the robot. So place it perfectly. The mop pad is placed near the wheels.
- Attach the tire tread firmly: If the tire tread is loose, then it will inhibit the motion of the robot. So use your thumb and push the tread so that it is placed in position.
Problem 3: iRobot Braava Jet repeating Error Messages
Sometimes the robot device doesn’t function properly and provides an error message again and again. So here are the solutions:
- Turn off the device: To stop repeated error messages, press the bumper toward the body once. Then restart the device.
- Rebooting Instructions: If the error message shows repeatedly, then rebooting the device can solve the problem. The CLEAN button must be held down for 10 seconds to hear an audible tone. Now, bring out the battery and insert it again. Then press the CLEAN button again to start the device.
Problem 4: iRobot Braava Jet is leaking
This problem is related to the reservoir. Overfilling the water tank or broken tank can cause leakage.
- Fill the water tank on-mark: Fill the water tank, which is just below the water tank cap. Ensure that the tank cap closes without causing water to enter the reservoir. Always remove excess water from the tank.
- Inspect the tank: Check the water tank thoroughly to see if there is any damage to the water tank. You need to remove the filter and inspect it. Replace the tank if it is broken or damaged.
Problem 5: iRobot Braava Jet sprays dirty water
If the device sprays dirty water, it won’t clean the floor perfectly. It leaves streaks on the floor. A dirty water tank can cause this problem.
- Clean the dirty filter: If the water tank is dirty, the robot sprays dirty water. Residue on the tank also causes dirt build-up in the tank. So you need to clean it.
Firstly, remove the tank from the device and clean it with hot water. You can use mild soap to clean the residue. Rinse thoroughly. Then reinstall the water tank following the guide.
Problem 6: iRobot Braava Jet does not spray water
A problem with the water spraying nozzle will result in the device not spraying water. The nozzle can clog with dirt and debris water. So you need to always use clean water.
- Fill water tank: Check the water tank to see if there is sufficient water in the tank. If it is empty, then no water will spray. The water tank is placed under the handle. So refill the water tank and clean again.
- Repair the faulty spray nozzle: A nozzle is a piece of parts that sprays water. If the nozzle is faulty or clogged, it won’t spray water. For a damaged nozzle, you need to replace it following the guide.
Related Troubleshooting: My Swiffer Wet Jet Won’t Spray
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does the red light on iRobot Braava jet mean?
It means the device is critically low, and it needs charging. So charge it immediately when there is a red light.
How do you reset a Braava jet?
To resent a Braava jet, you need to hold the CLEAN button for 10 seconds. It will reboot the program.
How do I know Braava is charging?
After plugging the device into the charging dock, the device will blink up the charging indicator. It is yellowish light. When the robot will charge fully, you can see a green light.
Can I use vinegar in my Braava jet m6?
No, you can not use vinegar in the Bravva jet. It is against provided instruction.
How do you wash reusable Braava pads?
Hand wash and air-dry are recommended to wash the reusable Braava pads. You need to clean with mild soap and warm water.
What cleaning solution can I use in my Braava jet?
You can use the Braava jet® Hard Floor Cleaning Solution in the Braava jet. You can not use homemade solutions in it. They may damage the functions.
I hope you will find this article helpful in getting the most from your iRobot Braava Jet. If you own an iRobot Braava Jet and it isn’t working correctly, don’t worry! To get your robot mop back up and running, there are a few things you can try.
However, if you’re still experiencing issues, I encourage you to contact iRobot customer support for additional assistance. They are very humble and take care of each customer with dignity. So you can solve a problem by connecting with them.